Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Attempt at Church

So last week, I was not able to make it to church. The hotel was washing Daddy's clothes and didn't have them back in time. Needless to say, I was ready and was not the reason we didn't go.

This week however, Daddy planned a little further ahead, and we were ready to go. Unfortunately, the taxi was not. While waiting, we met another LDS man in the lobby who was also waiting for his taxi. His showed up first, so we told the hotel to cancel ours and off we went.

Well, the first stop was actually the Lotus Temple. The driver thought that since we had told him we were going to church in Lajpat Nagar, naturally this is where we meant. Well, after getting this resolved and directing him to the correct location we arrived at the branch building.


Quite the nice branch location, isn't it. We were rather surprised. After walking in, we could not find anyone about. Walking back out we found a security guard who told us that apparently today was stake conference. Foiled again. Anyway, here are some photos of the church.






Finally, on the way back, I managed to finally snap a shot of the family motorcycle outing. I have seen this a few times before, but I didn't get my camera out in time. Here is a shot of the family. I was especially impressed with the women riding side-saddle. Maybe I should see if my family wants a ride on the motorcycle once I get back...

No comments: