Friday, September 26, 2008

Dining Out

Well as any good traveler abroad knows, eating the local cuisine, made by the locals, is one of the best perks of traveling. Today, my friends Rahul and Kishore took me out to eat at a lovely place call Singree. Their commitment to fresh food and simple flavor was a welcome change from the more common spice-laden Indian food. Simple kabobs, a buffet style, and good ice cream (come on, we all know what draws me) made for a wonderful dining experience. Unfortunately, I was so busy eating that I didn't get any pictures of their wonderful food.

I did get a picture of myself in the restaurant though. You can see the buffet in the background.


I also was able to snap a shot of my friends. Behind them you see the glass-encased kitchen area where the food was prepared.


Finally, I did get this shot of my evening meal back at the hotel. They have some great food here, but sometimes you just need the classics. Hurray for grilled cheese and tomato soup.

No comments: