Friday, October 17, 2008

Travelling with the Travel Froggie

With only a few days left before we head back home, I was anxious to get out and spend some time sightseeing with Papa. As such, I kindly requested that Daddy leave work early and come with us. After much haggling over food compensation for the lost work hours, we headed out.

Since I have seen many of these sights before, I decided to take Papa and Daddy to some of the sights I liked. We first went to Humayun's tomb. Outside that is the Isa Khan tomb and mosque. We even got Daddy to come to the other side of the camera for once. It was a little awkward for him at first, but he finally got the hang of it.


After that we went to see Humayun's tomb. Papa noticed some of the intricate carvings in the floor, so we explored those and their many variations. It is amazing how many different designs they were able to make off the same few patterns. We also found Barber's tomb, who was Humayun's father and the first Mughal emperor who conquered India. Since Papa brought the memory card that Daddy forgot (those silly Daddies), we were able to take plenty of pictures without having to skimp on resolution.


Once finished there, we headed on to the Purana Quila. Again, the massive stone structures that these people were able to build are just amazing.


We were also amazed at how well preserved the colors are. Almost 500 years after being built, and the reds, blues, blacks, and whites are exceptionally vibrant.


After walking through much of the Purana Quila, we were asked to leave. Apparently there is a new curfew in place now after the terrorist attacks that occurred right before I left for Pune. We will have to factor this in for our plans on Monday, but it will be OK I think. Still, so much to show Papa and so little time for a Froggie such as myself.

3 comments:

Kate the Great said...

Dear Travel Froggie,

I want you to be a giant for Halloween. Travel Froggie, can you please come hom with Daddy and Papa.

Love,
Frog Prince

Kate the Great said...

Dear Papa,

I want you to be a sun for Halloween. That is all.. I don't want to have Mommy type anything else (except that I don't want her to type).

Love,
Frog Prince

Kate the Great said...

Dear Daddy,

I love you FOREVER!

Love,
Frog Prince